Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Battery Recharge

Guy who sold me the bike removed the battery before I bought it. Probably a reasonable thing. Anywho,  the only thing I've got sitting around is the battery from my 1980 Honda CM400T. Unfortunately, with one thing and the other, I left the key in the ignition a couple of weeks ago..... and then did it again a day or so after that.... Battery's been kinda dead since then. It's been a push start kinda month.

I guess I coulda taken the battery out, then driven in my car down to the auto parts store and had 'em charge it for me.. sounds like extra effort though.

A little googling, and a trip to home depot and BANG, trickle charger
What we've got here is a light bulb in series w/ the battery. A single diode is thrown into the mix to allow current to only flow one way. Uhh.... hopefully the right way.

You can find the link to the original web page here. Special thanks to the author of the original site. On first glance I thought the whole thing might blow up. But it seems to be working as seen here:


Battery started off at about 10.4V. After about two hours or so of charge i'm up to about 12 volts.. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment